Current Watches and Warnings
New Jersey, Coastal Atlantic
Special Statement, Air Quality Alert
Statement as of 9:13 PM EDT on September 02, 2014
827 am EDT Tue Sep 2 2014
... Strong thunderstorms will affect Atlantic... Cumberland... eastern
New Castle... Gloucester... northern Cape May... northern Kent...
Salem... southern Burlington and southern Camden counties...
An area of strong thunderstorms was moving across New Castle County
Delaware and will affect portions of Atlantic...
Burlington... Camden... Cape May... Cumberland... Gloucester...
Kent... New Castle and Salem counties through 1030 PM EDT. The strong
thunderstorms were generally moving east at 45 mph.
Wind gusts to 40 mph and some lightning strikes are possible with
these strong thunderstorms.
Very heavy rain will fall from these strong thunderstorms... and will
cause water to pond on roads and fill poor drainage areas. The rain
can cause rapid rises on small streams and creeks.
If these storms strengthen, then warnings may need to be issued.
Lat... Lon 3920 7464 3920 7518 3923 7518 3929 7526
3928 7529 3943 7547 3946 7555 3957 7552
3959 7555 3951 7555 3947 7558 3931 7543
3921 7538 3920 7575 3983 7555 3983 7548
3980 7541 3984 7536 3987 7452 3930 7452
... Air quality alert in effect until midnight EDT tonight...
The New Jersey department of environmental protection has issued an
air quality health advisory... in effect until midnight EDT tonight.
An air quality advisory means that air quality within the region may
approach or exceed unhealthy standards.
Ozone is forecast to reach the unhealthy for sensitive groups
category across New Jersey due to southwest winds... mostly sunny
skies... and hot temperatures. Sensitive individuals including the
very Young... the elderly... and persons with respiratory diseases
such as asthma... should avoid strenuous outdoor activities during
the afternoon and early evening hours.
For more information on current and forecast concentrations of
ground-level ozone and fine particulates, visit on the web at
www.Airnow.Gov or www.State.NJ.US/dep/airmon/ (in lower case) or
call the New Jersey Bureau of air monitoring at 609-292-0138
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Fire Weather Warning
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert
- Delaware - Special Statement
- District of Columbia - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Georgia - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Areal Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Maine - Areal Flood Advisory
- Maryland - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Flood Warning
- Nevada - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert
- New Mexico - Record Report
- New York - Severe Thunderstorm Watch
- North Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Pennsylvania - Severe Thunderstorm Watch
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Tennessee - Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Vermont - Flash Flood Warning
- Virginia - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning
- - Severe Thunderstorm Watch