Current Watches and Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 9:42 PM EST on February 08, 2016
Expires 6:00 AM EST on February 10, 2016
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 6 am EST
* hazard types... periods of snow.
* Snow accumulations... 4 to 8 inches.
* Timing... periods of snow is expected tonight and continue
through Tuesday night. The snow has the potential to fall at a
moderate to heavy rate at times especially later Tuesday and
* Impacts... accumulating snow will affect travel tonight through
Tuesday night, including the rush hour commutes. The Road
conditions will likely deteriorate during times of heavier
snowfall rates. Remember, bridges and other elevated surfaces
tend to become slippery first.
* Visibilities... one half mile or less at times.
* Temperatures... dropping into the upper 20s later tonight, then
rising into the 30s for a time Tuesday.
* Winds... northeast 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow are
expected. This will make travel very hazardous at times. Use
caution while driving, especially on bridges and other elevated
Report snow accumulation to the National Weather Service by
calling our trained spotter line, posting to the NWS Mount Holly
facebook Page, or using twitter @nws_mountholly.
Snowfall and ice accumulation forecast maps in addition to
experimental probabilistic snowfall information for the latest
event are available online at www.Weather.Gov/phi/winter
Coastal Flood Warning
Statement as of 9:22 PM EST on February 08, 2016
Expires 1:00 PM EST on February 09, 2016
... Coastal Flood Warning now in effect until 1 PM EST Tuesday...
* location... coastal areas of New Jersey and Delaware.
* Coastal flooding... widespread minor flooding occurred this
evening and it will linger overnight. Moderate coastal flooding
is anticipated for Tuesday morning with localized major flooding
possible. Generally, water levels on Tuesday morning should be
higher than those of Monday morning.
* Timing... the time of high tide along the New Jersey and
Delaware oceanfront is around 730 am to 830 am on Tuesday
* Waves... wave heights are forecast to be 8 to 14 feet on the
near-shore waters off New Jersey and Delaware.
* Impacts... roadway flooding will persist overnight. Widespread
roadway flooding and some damage to vulnerable structures is
expected on Tuesday morning. Wave action will result in
significant beach erosion.
This coastal Flood Warning means that moderate or major tidal
flooding is expected. Be prepared for rising water levels and take
appropriate action to protect life and property. Follow the
recommendations of local emergency management officials.
Do not drive your vehicle through flood waters. The water may be
deeper than you think it is. You will be putting yourself in
danger and your vehicle may be damaged, leading to costly
For a list of the impact of different tide heights in your County
please visit www.Weather.Gov/phi/tides (all in lower case).
Location time of predicted water level
Sandy Hook, NJ 803 am Tue near 8.0 feet MLLW
(sandy hook bay)
Seaside Heights, NJ 733 am Tue near 7.5 feet MLLW
Atlantic City, NJ 742 am Tue near 7.5 feet MLLW
Cape May, NJ 816 am Tue near 8.5 feet MLLW
Lewes, de 900 am Tue 7.5 to 8.0 feet MLLW
Rehoboth Beach, de 806 am Tue 7.5 to 8.0 feet MLLW
High tide on the back bays, along Delaware Bay and along Raritan
Bay occurs later than the high tide on the oceanfront.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Freeze Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory
- Arizona - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Coastal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Iowa - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Minnesota - Winter Weather Advisory , Wind Chill Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory
- Oregon - Air Stagnation Advisory , Record Report
- Puerto Rico - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Rhode Island - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virgin Islands - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Washington - Air Stagnation Advisory , Record Report